Monday, August 21, 2006

The Tao of Nosregref

So I'm over at the combo 40th birthday party of Bill F. and Bret on Saturday night (a magnificent party, I might add), and I was faced with a bit of a crisis. I went looking for the awesome 1554 black beer that everyone was drinking. I looked out in Bill's beer fridge, and it wasn't there. Then I looked in his regular fridge. Still no luck, but I did find another of my very favorites, the magnificently hoppy Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA. But then, just as I was about to open it, I spotted the cooler that did in fact contain the 1554. What do I do? I was pretty much at the point where I could only have one more beer if I wanted to be able to drive home, so I had to choose, one or the other. Bill was standing there, and I sought his wise counsel. Like some mystic guru perched upon a mountaintop, he spoke:

"Lee, sometimes it's best to just open the beer that's already in your hand."

That, my friends, is the pure essence of all that is Nosregref. Contemplate his wisdom and be awed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just goes to prove that if you spout off enough nonsense, eventually some wisdom leaks out. Glad it was the latter that night.