Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Yet another edition of Wednesday Night Drinking at Work

Coming to you live from beautiful Chronicle Towers. A brew that is completely new to me: Nethergate Augustinian Ale. Made by the same folks that produce Old Growler, which I remember liking. Thanks to the miracle of blogging technology, I'll be updating this live as each sip washes over my tastebuds. (Because I know y'all are just hovering over your computer hitting the refresh button on i-love-beer.blogspot.com every 30 seconds.)

Wow ... weird, but tasty. The bottle says it's flavored with "a touch of coriander," and I assume that's what's giving this really powerfuly flowery taste. It's like somebody shoved a bouquet of roses in my mouth, minus the thorns. Or berries of some sort, but not like a lambic. I doubt it's something I could drink on a regular basis, but it's nice. I sort of hoped with the picture of the monk on the front that this might be an English brewery's attempt at a Belgian-style, but this is definitely a malty English ale.

No comments: