Friday, June 23, 2006

Brentwood/Crestview pub crawl

My neighbor Mike Lavigne organizes some sort of a pub crawl through our neighborhood. I haven't done it before, but I think there may be some sort of competitive aspect to it. Sounds like fun; I think I'm gonna sign up.

The 3rd 6th Annual
Violet Crown Independence Day Invitational

July 1, 2006

$12 entrance fee, 10 Dive Bars, 5 Hours, 5 Member Teams,
2 bad if you don't make it. 0 Losers.

Yep, it's a pub crawl.


It's that time of year again. Our forefathers fought so you don't have to, and now its time to toast them - over and over and over again. There are some great dive bars in and around the Violet Crown; here's a good excuse to hit a bunch of them.

Start time: 2:00 PM at 1514 Richcreek Road

Meet back at 1514 Richcreek to eat some BBQ and drink more beer at 7 pm. I'm thinking briskets and ribs this year. There will be a keg.

Come as a 5 man team or come solo. We will draw for teams at 2 pm for those that don't come attached (this is always more fun).

As always, no driving or biking during the event. Walking, running, swimming and hitchhiking are all acceptable though...

Feel free to pass this along!mgl
Good luck!

RSVP not mandatory, but it helps give a sense of how much beef to buy.
We usually average between 30-40 participants in the pub crawl and another 20 or so for BBQ...


--
Mike Lavigne
512-917-7614

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm,... I'm tempted to come to Austin.

That's also my friend Mark Lavine's birthday party in Houston.

more Hmmm...

Lee said...

I'm still debating whether to go. The wife gave me a pass, but that was before she realized it was an all-day event. Plus, I'd hate to miss the Brazil-France World Cup game at 2pm that day. Of course, I'm sure we could find a TV willing to accomodate us.

Lee said...

Well, shoot -- now it looks like I can't go. Mags will probably have to go out of town with Older Girl tomorrow, and I'll be stuck watching Younger Girl. I'd take her, but I suppose it wouldn't look to good for me to be out bar-hopping with my two-year-old (who already has a black eye). I'm guessing nobody will look at me and say "What a good daddy -- spending time with his daughter!"