Sunday, March 09, 2008

2nd Annual Great Austin Belgian Beer Festival

And I probably won't be there, because it's the same day as the Texas Relays (track & field is one of my other great passions in life). Theoretically I could make about the last hour, but I'm guessing I won't. Y'all have fun without me. :-(

Press release from Zax Pints and Plates:

The 2nd Annual Great Austin Belgian Beer Festival:

Saturday April 5 Noon-7pm

Zax Pints and Plates 312 Barton Springs Rd., Austin, TX

Tickets now available: $22adv/$25 at the door (advance tickets available only at Zax)

Entitles you to a tasting glass and your first 6 4 oz. samples of over 30 of the most amazing, remarkable and historical beers in the world. Additional samples will be available for purchase for $3 each.

Food is not included, but our normal menu will be available.

Discount hotel packages available at the Embassy Suites. Just mention the festival or follow this link.

Partial List of Beers (Subject to availability)
Tripel Karmeliet
Kwak
Deus
Duchesse de Bourgogne(Flemish Red Sour)
Urthel Hop It
Urthel Samaranth
Grotten Brown
Grotten Flemish
St. Feuillien Tripel
Dubuisson Scaldis
St. Bernardus Tripel
St. Bernardus Wit
Chimay White
Chimay Blue
D'Achouffe La Chouffe
D'Achouffe Mc Chouffe
Duvel
LeFebvre Blanche de Bruxelles
Lindeman's Framboise
Orval
Westmalle Dubble
Westmalle Triple
Rochefort 8
Rochefort 10




3 comments:

Liz said...

Great post...I didn't know about this event but now that I do I am going to see if my husband and some of our friends want to go. Thanks for the great blog!

Lee said...

You're welcome! Thanks for the compliment!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmm...The last one was quite tasty, I can't wait for this year's selection