Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Yay, Fall Is Here!

Sorry I've been away from the blog almost two weeks. Been busy, and with the election coming up, I'll likely get busier. I just wanted to jump on here for a second and say that a cool front came in, temperatures are in the glorious 70s (we actually slept with the windows open last night and I went for a hard bicycle ride this morning), and it's time to start filling my recycling bin with several of these bottles. Damn I love Saint Arnold. (Photo stolen from another Austin beer blogger that I just discovered, Pivo Nation.)

Shockingly, this is the first time I've tried Saint Arnold's Oktoberfest. I'm not sure why. But thanks to Nosregref for giving me one the other night. I immediately had to run to the store and get more of this malty goodness. Man I love it when the seasons change (and the beer does too).

EDIT: Oh yeah, when I was in Grape Vine Market getting the Saint Arnold, I also noticed this was back in stock as well. And of course, this and this too.

6 comments:

loveOliver said...

Real Ale Roggenbier is still on tap, and it is definitely worth a look. I miss their IPA already.

Anonymous said...

I sure hope this is the real deal! It would suck if it warmed up again. Wouldn't ACL weekend in the 80's be superb?

Lee said...

Unfortunately, long-range forecasts are showing us getting back into the 90s, but at least it's the lower 90s.

ACL won't be a problem for me, regardless — I lost my taste for big outdoor music festivals (those in Austin, anyway) a long time ago. I might put up with hot weather and dust to experience another city's culture, but here at home, I'd just as soon do my live music in an air-conditioned nightclub.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to shoot you a quick note to let you know of a website that a buddy and I have created to help you easily find places in your area or in the state to get a beer, or find a liquor store. We’ve added a lot of content including historic taverns/dancehalls as well as biker friendly establishments. Our site is www.texasbeermaps.com, and we would love some feedback from you on where to go and what to do in your area.
We hope to have trips and get people together to enjoy their off time and have a few cold ones. Please stop in and give us feedback on how we’re doing.
Have a safe Fall/Football Season and we look forward to hearing from you.

Your boys at TBM

Po said...

Our actions are guided by the samw stars, my friend. St. Arnold's Oktoberfest was a very welcome guest around here this past weekend.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you Lee. That's an awesome beer! It's the six-pack I took to my evacuation house (5 blocks away - i still have no power).

ktenx