Wednesday, July 16, 2008


I just can't bring myself to get worked up over the sale of Anheuser-Busch to InBev. Everyone else seems so freaked out, like America is losing a piece of its soul or something. Baloney. And this article in just confirms it's baloney.


assurbanipaul said...

Just paper shuffling around. Corporations buying other corporations means very little these days.

Won't change a thing, and sooner or later some Chinese brewer will inevitably buy InBev and we'll start the hand-wringing all over again.

Ana said...

I was raised in St. Louis and still have family there. Apparently I'm supposed to be sad over the loss of a local landmark.

In actuality, not much will change. They're not going to close factories.

From my perspective, the actual beer quality can't get much worse. With a little Belgian influence, it might actually improve!

sam said...

I doubt they'll change anything. If anything, this gives the average consumer an even better reason to support TRULY American craft beer.

Lee said...

You know, I find it far more upsetting that Pearl and Lone Star are both now owned by Pabst, which is based in Illinois.