Friday, October 19, 2007

Just How Stupid Am I?

Okay, I'm going try this NaBloPoMo thing. I shouldn't, and I'll probably fail, but I'll try. That's short for National Blog Posting Month, and it's simple: the challenge is to post every day in November. As if I don't have enough to do between my family and work. And not that I really need a daily writing exercise, seeing as how I'm a professional writer. But what the heck.

Here's how I'm going to spice it up a bit: Every day of November, I'm going to sample a beer I've never tried before and write about it, which hopefully will be made a little cheaper by the fact that Grape Vine Market and Spec's have a lot of single bottles for sale.

Man I'm a dumbass. I'll never pull this off.

(UPDATE: Okay, I've reconsidered. I will not review a beer every day, but I will make a post of some sort. And I will definitely try some new beers. And I'm cheating — I'm stockpiling blogging ideas and will wait until November to write them up.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait, I hear a rumbling in the distance, it's growing louder, gaining strength, there's thousands of them, I think I can make out what they are saying, uh, Punish? no, no, that's not it. I think they are close enough now that I can hold up the microphone for you to hear for yourself:

"Pub-Lish! Pub-Lish! Pub-Lish!"

Andie D. said...

You and me both.

I may not be able to pull off a beer a day but I'm in for my 2nd post a day fest. It's plain that I write better when I imbibe, so I'm very likely to increase my consumption during the month of November anyway.

It's a challenge from hell! And stockpiling is NOT cheating. Backdating, yes. Stockpiling, no.

Anonymous said...

Yeh, does Blogger have a Timestamp edit like WordPress does?

I can see it now.

It's 11:57 pm and the NaBloPoMo blogger is feverishly typing, trying to get the day's post in.

The clock strikes 12!!!

"DAMMIT! I missed my deadline!"
(Takes a swig of Harvest)
"No problem. I'll backdate that sucker! Who will ever know?!"

(Loses footing, stepping on beer bottles on floor. Falls down)

Anyway, it's still the same amount of work, isn't it?...as far as I'm concerned.

Lee said...

Andie, I love your answer to the fish and bicycle question. I think this is the first time I've seen you commment here. Nice blogs. You sound like my kind of person. Loved your post about confessing your atheism to your religious neighbor. I a similar experience a few years ago.