Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Beer Liquor?

I have a friend who recently moved to Paris and did some vacationing in Prague, and he sent me an intriguing e-mail:

no really, lee, czech repubby is where it's at on the beer front. it's cheap and different everywhere you go. breweries that supply only the hillsides around it. i went to the eggenberg brewery in cesky krumlov. wow. they're making ''beer liquor'' over there. unreal.

That, of course, made me ask: What in hell is "beer liquor"? His reply:

i have no idea. but it tasted like grain alcohol with a musty, yeasty aftertaste. and it fucked me up fast. i'm assuming it was the local moonshine.

Any of you readers out there ever heard of this? I know some of you are fans of the Czech Republic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ireland, Scotland, and Kentucky have been making "beer liquor" for quite some time now.

Anonymous said...

I dreamed that Sandra Lee came to my house in a low-neckline Czech blouse, and she made me some Czech Bramboraky, using a box of instant mashed potatoes, and for cocktails we had Beer Liquor.