Friday, July 09, 2010

Drinking in Cedar Park

It's pretty unlikely that I ever would have made it out to the Dig Pub or the Tap Room if it weren't for my longtime good friend Pub Knight coming back to Austin. In fact, in the old days, the bicycle-centric Pub Knight would never have been seen driving a car out in the 'burbs. But since he landed a free place to stay out there, that made those two places (and to a lesser extent, North by Northwest) the more viable options for getting together.

Rather than write the places up myself, I'm going to be lazy and just link you his reviews, since he pretty sums up the way I felt. Nice places to which I might never return, just for logistical reasons – with NXNW, the Pour House, Billy's on Burnet, and the Draught House all nearby, there just isn't much reason to go that far north. And heck, if I just have a craving to go to a strip mall, Bagpipes and Sherlock's are close by, too. But if I lived out there, Dig Pub and Tap Room would probably be regular stops for me.

4 comments:

Klobetime said...

Comparing the Dig to Bagpipes/Sherlock's is pretty unfair! The Dig is a great pub with friendly people and a knowledgeable staff - none of which seem to apply on a regular basis to the others.

Lee said...

I've only been to Bagpipes and Sherlock's about three times each, but found their staff plenty friendly every time. However, I will grant you that the Dig's staff is definitely knowledgeable about their beer.

Classic*Girl said...

My hubs love the Dig Pub!

Lee said...

Classic*Girl: I notice you're from KC. My wife is from there, too (grew up in Weatherby Lake)).