Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Two Sierra Nevada Mini-Reviews

Tumbler: Sierra Nevada's fall seasonal. Meh. Just further reinforced the fact that brown ale is my least favorite style. I much prefer the Oktoberfest brews coming out from other breweries right now.

Kellerweis: Yum! I'm really disappointed I didn't discover this hefeweizen early in the summer instead of just last week, but thankfully, it's not a seasonal, so I can keep getting it. Delicious notes of banana and cloves. Be sure to drink in a glass instead of the bottle, so you can swirl the yeast into it.

2 comments:

Clark said...

The Fall Tumbler is "meh", indeed. Not nearly as sweet as a lot of brown ales, but nothing remarkable or even pleasurable about it.

I can't say that I like brown ale as a style, but I sho' luv me some Newkie B's!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy both of these SN offerings.

The Kellerweis gets rave reviews everywhere. It would be interesting to see how it would fare against some of the top Hefeweizen beers from Germany.

I like the Autumn Tumbler as a very flavorful session beer, which is a style I find myself gravitating to quite a bit lately.