This year's competition style will be...drum roll please...
Pale American Belgo-Style Ale!!!
What it is:
- The Austin ZEALOTS and Uncle Billy’s Brew & Que present the Uncle Billy’s Keep Austin Beered Pro-Am.
- Brew a beer in BJCP category 23 (special category selected: Pale American Belgo-Style Ale) and if you win, Brian Peters and Amos Lowe at Uncle Billy’s will brew your recipe and enter it into the 6th Annual GABF Pro-Am.
- All homebrewing entrants must be members of the American Homebrewers Association (AHA) at the time the original homebrew entry is submitted for competition as well as when the Pro-Am entry is judged (mid September, 2011).
- You cannot be a professional brewer. Only homebrewers are allowed to enter.
What you need to do:
- Brew a beer in Category 23 of the BJCP guidelines
- Pale American Belgo-Style Ale; see GABF Style Guideline in category 17A for more details.
- Bring your 2 bottles (11 to 16 ounce bottles) to the Austin ZEALOTS meeting on June 11, or take/mail them to Austin Homebrew Supply between June 10 & 19. (9129 Metric, Austin, TX, 78758).
- Entry fee $5. Pay cash or make checks payable to “Austin Homebrew Supply”
- Print and fill out the recipe form and include with your entries. Uncle Billy’s will make all efforts to convert the recipe to a production level. Uncle Billy’s reserves the right to make reasonable substitutions.
- The judges will select the best representation and the winner will be informed by email or phone. Note: Uncle Billy’s will use either Wyeast 3787 (Trappist High Gravity Yeast) or White Labs 530. The beer will be brewed at Uncle Billy’s and will be entered in the GABF Pro-Am competition.
- The 2011 GABF will be held in Denver, Sept. 29-Oct. 1. More details at the Brewers’ Association.
- The winner of this contest must sign a licensing agreement, which limits and protects the way the GABF trademark is used, prior to the submission of entries to the GABF.
- GABF Pro-Am entries submitted by breweries will compete in a best-of-show style judging, during the regular GABF judging. The GABF Style Guidelines and GABF judge panel will be used for the judging.
- Judges will determine the top three entries in the GABF Pro-Am Competition, which will be awarded Gold, Silver, and Bronze GABF Pro-Am Competition medals during the GABF awards ceremony. Medals will be issued to both the winning brewery and the winning homebrewer.
- You can be disqualified at any point for not following all of the rules. Questions? Contact Dan at email@example.com.
So Homebrewers ... Let's start brewing some beer!!
Saturday, April 30, 2011
Uncle Billy’s Keep Austin Beered Pro-Am
I just spotted this on Facebook. Homebrewers, clean out your equipment and get to it: