Hey, do you like floorball?
Do you like beer?
If the answer to either of those questions is yes, then you're going to like what we're planning. The Austin Floorball Club is having a Beer Tasting Fundraiser next Thursday, Jan 20. The event is open to anyone 21 and up. Donation request is $30. Our goal is to import some real Floorball boards to Austin and the only way we can do that is by raising some serious cashola. See attached flyer for event details and directions.
· The Beer Theme is Big Beers. Porters. Stouts. Winter Seasonal Beers. Come sample 10 Big Beers from around the world and here in Austin.
· Open to the public, $30 dollars donation request. Bring your friends!!
· All proceeds go towards purchase of floorball rink.
· Pre/post event keg to be provided by NXNW Brew Masters.
· Limited to the first 30 people that sign up and pay.
· First of a series.
We will use the boards in the Austin community; we work with the Boys and Girls Club, events like the annual AISD ActiveLife Fitness fest, youth tournaments with the Texas Stars, and in our weekly youth and adult league. So you would be supporting a small local non-profit type organization. And sampling some tasty beer while doing so.
Step 1- Pay Here:https://www.paypal.com/cgi-
Step 2- Register Here:
com/viewform?formkey= dGxzZEZybTdHRzE2UlVidl94Y09hVU E6MQ
We've got the beer lined up and ready, all we need is you!
Sunday, January 16, 2011
To answer this press release's first question, I have no idea what floorball is. From what I can tell from this photo I downloaded from Wikimedia, it appears to be a non-ice version of hockey. But it is beer-related, and it's being organized by my buddy Bobnoxious, so I'll publish it.