Friday, January 15, 2010

Firkin Friday

Firkin Friday is back at the Draught House. Today's offering, as told to me by brewer Josh Wilson:
We have an extra special cask of Green Flash 30th Street Pale Ale, originally brewed for their 6th anniversary. In any other place but San Diego, this would be called an IPA.

tapping @ 3pm as usual.

If you're not quite clear on what a firkin is, or why cask beer is so awesome, read this Austin Chronicle article I wrote last year. (Pictured: A row of casks at the Draught House's 41st anniversary party last year.)

4 comments:

Stranger said...

I would love to be able to try beer conditioned in an old wooden style cask. While the craft beer scene up in St. Louis is going strong, there's not much of a real ale movement yet.

Lee said...

Not sure if I've ever had any from a wooden cask. I think all the casks I've seen thus far have been metal.

Aaron said...

I like that you can see Chris hiding through the tent there. :-) Great photo, thanks for the update!

Lee said...

Oh wow, I didn't even notice him back there! (I was too busy ogling the beer.)