Monday, November 30, 2009

Divine Reserve 9 released Tuesday; Saint Arnold asks you to share

I just got the press release below:

Saint Arnold Brewing Company Urges Customers to Limit Purchases of Divine Reserve No. 9

Everyone else has Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but Texas beer lovers have Beer Tuesday

HOUSTON, November 30, 2009 – Saint Arnold Brewing Company (www.saintarnold.com), the oldest craft brewery in Texas, wants to make sure that everyone who wants to try Saint Arnold Divine Reserve No. 9 will be able to find it. The brewery has asked retailers to limit sales to two six packs per customer and is asking customers to limit their purchase to a six pack or two. Starting Tuesday, December 1st, a very limited supply of Saint Arnold Divine Reserve No. 9 will arrive in stores, restaurants and bars in Austin, Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio.

Divine Reserve No. 9 is an Imperial Stout Pumpkin Ale. It is the latest edition in a highly anticipated and sought after series of high-quality, full-flavored single batch beers, each brewed with a completely different recipe. The batches are identified by the number on the neck label.

“Based on past experience and the fact that Divine Reserve No. 9 will be on lots of gift lists, we expect very high demand,” said Brock Wagner, Founder/Brewer of Saint Arnold Brewing. “We set out to brew the best pumpkin beer in the world and we hope people think we made a creditable effort.”

Black with some ruby highlights, Divine Reserve No. 9 is full of pumpkin pie spices with notes of nutmeg, caraway and vanilla.

“It tastes like a chocolate pumpkin pie. The taste starts with chocolate malt with a hint of spice and rolls into a warm spicy alcohol taste,” said Wagner. “I recommend serving at 50 degrees or warmer because it brings the spices forward in the taste and the chocolate moves to the finish.”

A total of 1,500 cases and 29 kegs of Saint Arnold Divine Reserve were produced. Saint Arnold’s distributors allocate Divine Reserve to stores, restaurants and bars on the basis of how much Saint Arnold beer they have sold over the previous six months.

Saint Arnold Divine Reserve No. 9 is priced at approximately $16 per six pack. More information on the Divine Reserve series is available at http://saintarnold.com/beers/divine.html.

8 comments:

Good Burp said...

Did you get some? I hope you did. And if you did, wanna trade?

Lee said...

Not yet. The stores that might have it in Austin won't open until at least 9am.

A trade? Hmm. What part of the country are you in?

Lee said...

Burp: I got some, but they're limiting to one sixer per customer, so I may not be able to do a trade. I've got to save some for gifts to my closest beer buddies. Sorry.

Lee said...

And not to rub it in, but I just opened one and OMG it might be the best pumpkin beer I've ever tasted.

War Horse said...

OK, I've checked 3 of my 4 regular beer stores here in San Antonio. Nothing, nadda, zip. I'm going for broke with the last one when I get off work tonight.

Shafty said...

I found it at Leibman's in Houston. But they were almost out as of yesterday (Dec12) ...

Lee said...

Shafty, I'm shocked you're still finding it at all. But presumably they distribute more in Houston than in Austin.

Mean Rachel said...

At your suggestion, I tried it at the Drafthouse recently and wasn't too much of a fan. It tasted like licorice to me, or (snicker) jager. I much prefer their Christmas beer - in fact, it is my drink of choice this holiday season. But ho-ho-homigod, it sure has a high AC. I can have one, maybe two, but three changes the night entirely.