Sunday, January 14, 2018

I Love Beer Blog returns from the dead, sort of


So I never really made an official announcement that this blog was dead, but obviously, it has been, since I haven't posted in a million years (four, actually).

But ILB is risen from the grave! Well, sort of. It's unlikely I'll post much original material here in the future, as I'm at a point in my life where I just don't have time for writing unless it comes with a paycheck.

However, I'll use ILB to alert folks to my paid beer-writing endeavors. I have been hired as the freelance beer writer for Rock & Vine magazine, a guide to "Good life in the Texas Hill Country." My first beer article for them came out this past fall - a round-up of several Hill Country breweries. It is an admittedly incomplete guide - so many keep springing up that it's nearly impossible to keep track, and a comprehensive one would have taken up the entire magazine. This is a golden age for Texas craft beer lovers!

You may read the article in full at www.rockandvinemag.com - click on the Fall 2017 issue link, and my article spans pages 20-23. You can also go directly to the issue at issuu.com/digitalpublish/docs/rock___vine

4 comments:

Jason said...

Well what do you know ... I came here looking for an Austin soccer stadium take I thought I remembered seeing from you, and find new beer content instead :)

Lee said...

I'm a renaissance man.

Shane Orr said...

I came here looking for a beer blog and found a dead one :(. Anyway, I did enjoy your post on the Hill Country Beer Scene. I run Austin Brewery Tours, LLC here in Austin. Let me know if you every want to write about the brewery tour scene in the city. I do Hill Country runs too. Check us out here http://www.austinbrewerytours.com Cheers!

Lee said...

Thanks for the info, Shane! I might make use of it at a future date.