- Young Faces of ALS – National Cornhole Challenge Fundraiser at Jester King — Um, cornhole is a game, not what you're thinking. And ALS is a disease. Saturday, June 18.
- Austin Beer Guide Summer Issue Release Party – My beer-blogging colleagues at Craft Austin and Beertown Austin celebrate the second issue of their very cool guide to our city's brewing scene. June 22
- Real Ale Brewing 15th Anniversary Party — They're not just the best brewery in Blanco, Texas … they're one of the best in all of Texas. This ought to be a fun day out in the beautiful Hill Country. June 25
- Great American Beer Festival Rare Beers Tasting at Black Star Co-op — The co-opers are trying to raise money to go to GABF. You can help by attending this event. June 26.
- Haddingtons Beer and Cheese Pairing Event Featuring Cheese Expert Cathy Strange — This place claims to be "Austin’s favorite downtown spot for hearty draught beers, cask ales." A little brash considering I'd never even heard of the place before receiving this press release. I'm afraid they'll need to put in a few more years of serious commitment before they can wrest that title from the Ginger Man. Nonetheless, this sounds like a good event. July 25.
Where to drink beer in April
11 hours ago