Thursday, May 17, 2007

Avery beer tasting at Alamo Lakecreek

Check out what ought to be a great beer tasting at Alamo Lakecreek Sunday night. Avery makes some great stuff, although I don't get it often because I think it tends to be a bit overpriced. (So at $30, this is actually a pretty good deal.)

Nonetheless, I don't think I'll be there because (A) I just can't seem to save any money lately, so even $30 is probably out of my price range at the moment, especially given our recent vet bills, but the bigger issue is (B) with beers that strong, how in the hell am I going to get back home from Lakecreek? There's no buses out there (at least not on a Sunday evening), and I don't even like driving Hwy. 183 dead sober. Plus (patting myself on the back) I've lost five pounds in the past week – heck, I got pickled on a single pint of Lagunitas IPA last night.

EDIT: Turns out there IS a bus that would get me out there. Oh well, good info for the future.

No comments: