This bout the boys venture to Colorado to "cover" the Great American Beer Festival and live to tell about it, pick the brain of Real Ale head brewer Erik Ogershok, explore the relatively new winter beer style "the Beer Jacket", share a pint and conversation with former Uncle Billy's on the Lake brewer Spencer Tielkemeier, and spill the beans on the Best of 2012 Readers' and Editors' picks.
Yup, business as usual.
And speaking of business, an issue this grand deserves a party of equal grandness. Come join the Austin Beer Guide at Draught House on Thursday, December 20 at 6pm for their Winter Release/Best of 2012 Readers’ Poll Awards/Too Many Beers/Apocalypse Eve/Die Hard/Holiday Party!
The short list:
- First look at the Winter 2012 Austin Beer Guide
- Awarding the Best of 2012 Readers’ and Editors’ picks
- 17 + rare, one-off, hard to get, blah blah blah beers from Austin and beyond
- Free Foreign & Domestic Bake Sale Fruit Cakes
- Family Christmas photo booth
- Draught House’s own DJ JBL
- Special Seedling truck “End of the World” menu
- Buy the beer keep the ABG glass
- ABG Stocking stuffers for the first 100 guests
- Best Santa/John McClane costume contest
Go here for more details and see the attached flyer.